1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Best Intro ever?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BMWPOWER, May 28, 2014.

1. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

Hi Folks

I am new to this wonderful forums but not to the camping world,I live in Toronto, Canada. I am a good friend/classmate of "Erik". When he told me about this website I knew it would be a wonderful place to learn and share experiences. I love to camp and experience outdoor activities such as hiking or cycling, but I am open to anything. I can go on and on about camping/outdoors, but I will share a experience that will hopefully make you understand what I enjoy. After all a picture is worth a thousand words.

The experience begins when I took a trip to Los Angeles, California.

Almost every morning I would hike up a small mountain outside of LA and enjoy the fresh air

SAM_1218.jpg

This shows the city of Los angeles
    SAM_1217.jpg
    pretty boring huh? well the good stuff is coming :p

It was then decided by my uncle that we should go to Yosemite National park, For the people who don't know, Yosemite is one of the most beautiful national parks in the world

on the way to Yosemite, I really loved the scenic drive

SAM_1233.jpg

we took a detour and made a 2 night stop at Mammoth lakes, 5-6 hours away from Yosemite. Mammoth is known for its ski accommodation in the winter time. I know sounds crazy to have snow in California, but you would be surprised how snowy and cold it is from what I have heard
    SAM_1251.jpg
    SAM_1257.jpg
    SAM_1261.jpg

Finally arrived to Yosemite national park
    SAM_1262.jpg

The drive was outstanding and unforgettable thanks to the curvy roads and jaw dropping cliffs. With myself behind the wheel , we were in good hands :)

SAM_1264.jpg

The water was sparkly clear and REALLY cold, even in 90F temperature
    SAM_1275.jpg
    SAM_1278.jpg
    SAM_1277.jpg

Trees growing through the ROCKS!!! the power of nature
    SAM_1276.jpg

The Lower falls
    SAM_1279.jpg
    SAM_1280.jpg

Yes, that me.....
    h7crbuz.jpg

The upper falls
    SAM_1288.jpg

I did a intoxicating 6+ hour hike/climbing to reach the middle of one of the mountains (to reach the top, it would take another 6 hours. I was dead tired and by the time I got up it would be nightfall).

SAM_1296.jpg
    SAM_1298.jpg
    uo8i9mq.jpg

That mountain is all rock, and its called the "half dome"
    SAM_1299.jpg
    D89qIOj.jpg

spotted some wilderness. Always a good sign :)

SAM_1304.jpg

Next stop was Mariposa Grove, right beside Yosemite, but not a short drive. These Trees (Sequoia) were humongous. largest trees I Have ever seen in my life

SAM_1316.jpg

One of them was called the "Grizzly Giant" with a height of 209 ft and a circumference of 96.5 ft

LQxSKx5.jpg

Size comparison of a random sequoia tree, I promise, last picture of me
    SAM_1322.jpg
    I hope you enjoyed the pictures as much as I did, This is an experience that I will remember for all my life, and I hope you guys can experience what I have. My next stops were San Fransisco, San Diego, and Vegas but those are not camping related

Happy camping guys, here is to new adventures :)

I also hope to stay active on this forums, If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Last edited: May 28, 2014
    Northern Dancer and campforums like this.
  2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Welcome to the forums bud, the description you gave of your trip sounded incredible but now I'm seeing your pictures for the first time I'm truly at a loss for words. And maybe a little bit envious... :p

3. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Beautiful pictures and sounds like you had an amazing trip. Just seeing those huge trees would be so cool. Thanks for sharing. :)

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

BMWGUNPOWDER

err...I mean BMWPOWER
    I never seem to get that word straight.

upload_2015-8-16_10-3-41.jpeg

Like I always say...chuck the party and just take the cake and cash.

Then again...at your age...take the party, the cake and the cash and whatever good stuff they give you.

Best wishes Dude!

upload_2015-8-16_10-13-20.jpeg

campforums likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted