1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

4th Of July Inspiration

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by shopgirl, Jul 9, 2013.

1. shopgirl

shopgirl Newbie

Hello everyone! Hope that y’all had a great 4th of July! Mine was wonderful! I went camping. Here is a little 4th of July inspired poem that I wrote about camping while relaxing by the lake! I figured I would share! Hope y'all enjoy!!

Camping is all about…
    Enjoying the great outdoors
    Building campfires
    And making smores
    Getting away from life
    And not having to do chores!
    It’s about firing up the grill
    Then sitting down at a picnic table
    To your favorite meal
    It’s about forgetting your worries
    Spending time with loved ones
    Laughing together
    Sharing memories and funny stories
    It’s about being on a peaceful lake
    Relaxing and soaking up the sun
    Enjoying every minute
    Just having fun
    Even though you’ve fished all day
    And only caught one
    Camping is my favorite kind of trip
    I would much rather be at a campground
    Than some sandy beach
    Or on a big fancy cruise ship
    Camping trips end
    Just as fast as they begin
    I can’t wait until
    We get to go camping again!

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Thanks for sharing!

It sounds like you had an excellent and relaxing 4th of July. I'm not much of a poet but I did notice your poem did have a kind of form and rhyming scheme so good job.

3. shopgirl

shopgirl Newbie

Thanks for the awesome compliment! I do a lot of scrap booking, so I am constantly trying to come up with my own little poem to go along with the theme of the page that I am designing. This just came to me when I was sitting by the lake and since the fish wasn't biting, I decided to just grab a pen and a napkin and jot down my thoughts. It will go well with my pictures!

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

No problem, and thank you for taking the time to post on my forum.

I've seen some scrapbookers who's finished albums look incredible but I think a lot of people are going entirely digital these days which in some ways is a shame. When you say "designing" does that mean you plan out the whole page in advance before you start? I guess that would give you a much better finished result in the long term.

I've been fishing before and it does give you a lot of time to.... uh, sit and think lol. But you have to be careful that when the fish bites you're ready to drop what you're doing and grab the line!

5. shopgirl

shopgirl Newbie

Glad to be part of this forum! My parents just bought a hybrid camper so I figured I would join in on some discussions and maybe learn a thing or two, read about people's camping experiences and get advice when needed. This is their 4th camper! However, this camper is a little different because it is a hybrid and we've never had experience with pop up campers or campers like the hybrids that have pop outs. It is very nice though! Very roomy and pretty inside. I believe it is 25ft? Doesn't sound like it would be big or roomy but with the pop outs it actually can sleep 10 people! There is 1 pop out in the front with a queen mattress and 2 pop outs on the side with full mattresses. The couch and table also convert to beds. I love it! They bought it used but it looks like it was only used a handful of times and in my opinion I think they got it for a steal! They paid $8500. I think it is an '08. We usually always go camping for holiday weekends like Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day. We just go to campgrounds or state parks about an hour or two from where we live since it is just a quick weekend trip. I am good to go as long as there is some type of water around! Preferably a lake or pond so that I can fish all day because I love to fish but I love pools too! It is also relaxing to sit and read or sometimes I will bring my scrapbook and work on it while I'm there. Hobby Lobby is my best friend but gets me in trouble! They have a huge scrapbook section with every theme you can imagine to decorate your pages. So when you've got a set of pictures of a birthday party or my camping trip for example, you can go in there and they have tons of stickers and quotes related to whatever theme you want. Very dangerous. Sometimes I just like to add my own personal touch to certain photos and that is when I will write a poem. I make a new scrapbook every year. I hope that it is something I can continue to do because I would love for my books to be passed down to my future children and maybe even theirs. Good memories!

Draft saved Draft deleted