1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

A little R&R in the yard.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by killeroy154, Aug 13, 2016.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

c54f6f9b5fb9f9c4061dc73f70f4e8fd.jpg . It isn't camping, but I can still enjoy the first day I've had off in 3 weeks. Grandson is in the yellow and gray hammock. Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File 20160813_124300_001.mp4 don't know if this video makes it or not.
    love my trees.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

missyify likes this.
  2. missyify

missyify Survivalist

We need more trees lol. My family sends hammocks from Puerto Rico, we have about 3 of those and one "camping" hammock.

That's the life right there, chillin on a hammock.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Sweet, everyone in the picture looks very comfortable :D

Is the camping hammock you have the kind that you can sleep in overnight as a replacement for a tent?

4. missyify

missyify Survivalist

Nah they just sell it at REI lol. I use the word camping loosely. If I had one of the actual camping hammocks, no one would ever see me again lol.

5. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Haha of course, that would apply to me too.

How does it compare to the Puerto Rican ones?

6. missyify

missyify Survivalist

They're woven. They look similar to the multicolored one in the OP.

f28ec77617abbe1d432c2dc4c300da4d.jpg

7. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I did an over night in the yellow and grey single hammock. I have been up for around 30 hours, so I slept great that night. A lot of how comfortable you sleep depends on how you lay in it, and how you hang it. I had to make shift a tarp above it. I have a double now, and it would sleep a lot more comfortable than the single. These hammocks didn't come with mosquito netting or rain fly. You would have to set one up. When I use it in colder weather, I am going to see how well my thermal air mattress works in it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted