1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

A Meaning of an Obsession

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by killeroy154, Jan 27, 2018.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I lie here in bed looking at my recent Paddlers Buyers Guide thinking to myself why am I so wrapped up in love of water and camping, and the pursuit of buying things for this passion that I never feel like I have enough time for. Then I ran across something written by Scott MacGregor of Paddling Magazine, " Dreams are not unnecessary or superfluous things. Even the possibility of dreams coming true gives us strength. It keeps alive strong desires that we can't always act upon in our busy day to day lives.

Maybe I'm not so crazy after all.?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...alas - many dreamers have been called crazy but we celebrate them, embrace their logic and benefit by their creative genius. How I've wished that I could express myself like Thoreau, Muir, Teale, Trudeau, Whitman, Olson and host of others who have the gift of eloquent speech and express themselves in such a manner that enthralls us all.

"What sets a canoeing expedition apart is that it purifies you more rapidly and inescapably than any other travel. Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature."

upload_2018-1-28_21-55-49.jpeg

The quote is by the late Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau with his son Justin - the current Prime Minister. [I would have liked to see the Prime Minister with a Life Jacket - though I suppose the RCMP were close by should there be a need.]

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Yeh, now that's what I'm thinking of.

Draft saved Draft deleted