1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

A Moody Lake Huron

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Northern Dancer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Whoa! It's hard to grasp that a lake is huge enough for its own tide and swells. Was there a storm blowing in across the lake from the west? I've been to Makinac Island once. Beautiful pictures.

3. Northern Dancer

-----> The winds were high and the water was rough for the whole day - no swimming that day. As I laid on my cot that night the crashing waves were loud and clear. Not sure which direction the wind I think it was south east. The evening was cold too - glad I decided to bring a winter sleeping bag; it was needed. I'm the only resident in a tent.

We have a weather advisory warning in our region at the moment - high winds and storm like conditions are on the way.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

Well sometimes I think that I can picture a body of water being moody as a good thing, maybe from a scenery point of view. Of course it also brings its fair share of dangers and uncertainty too so it is always best to be prepared.

5. Northern Dancer

IMG_1246.jpg

A misty Red Pine Lake early Morning

IMG_1248.jpg

The same lake with a bit of sun.
    On another note
    Lake Huron covers an area of 23,000 square miles (59,570 square kilometres) and is the fifth largest lake in the world.

killeroy154 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted