1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

About Sleeping Pillows

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Northern Dancer, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

TO BRING A PILLOW OR NOT TO BRING A PILLOW?

Again it all boils down to choice but if I might here are a few suggestions.

upload_2017-8-19_18-18-10.jpeg
    Like everything else you can do what you want. For most of us a pillow - especially a comfortable one, it is an integral part of our sleep package. When I'm tripping I just don't have the space to take a pillow of any kind. BUT, I can bring, and do bring, a pillowcase. I stuff my pillowcase with my soft clothing and walla I have a comfortable one. I have even stuffed leaves into a large zip lock bag and placed that into my pillowcase as well.

Yep - I used a flat rock wrapped with a towel once and I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable that was. Just don't try to fluff it up. :)

upload_2017-8-19_18-54-23.jpeg Come to think of it - I've warmed a flat rock, wrapped it in a towel and placed it at the bottom of my sleeping bag to keep my feet warm. That was before I discovered the water bottle. :-}

Here are a few on the market. Some are really expensive.

upload_2017-8-19_18-25-8.jpeg upload_2017-8-19_18-25-30.jpeg upload_2017-8-19_18-25-47.jpeg upload_2017-8-19_18-26-11.jpeg upload_2017-8-19_18-27-25.jpeg As well as your regular type there are tonnes of others.

upload_2017-8-19_18-47-6.jpeg ...but for tripping a simple pillowcase stuffed will suffice.

upload_2017-8-19_18-50-55.jpeg Then again - ya just can't beat a body pillow.

2. Whenever camping, I always try to convince the wife to come along too. Afterall, she has a real nice pair of pillows that always bring me guaranteed comfort out in in the woods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

3. Northern Dancer

-----> O..........kay! :angelic:

4. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Ha! I am not touching that one.

5. Northern Dancer

-----> You better not - you might get slapped.

Draft saved Draft deleted