1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Any secluded camping spots in GA?

Discussion in 'United States' started by KenBrace, Jun 4, 2015.

1. KenBrace

KenBrace Novice Camper

I'm interested in doing some secluded camping in Georgia USA but I'm having a hard time finding a place to go. Ideally I should like a place that is out in the wilderness where fires are allowed and the terrain is mountainous. The trouble is finding property that isn't private and that allows camp fires. Any ideas?

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

@KenBrace

I dunno but Georgia seems to have a lot of wilderness State Parks that look mighty fine. The whole State seems to be dotted with all kinds of possibilities. :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEFBnS572tFAd8cvtT1AOyUhVVnoiDSNTd8Kvr-wO7PDgFlvj05Q.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkfa5JL7pqg5vhj9Ydct6dATv2WQZ92_pBvlcQNZE5_YNjleFu.jpg

Looks good to me.

Are you into solo camping?

I really enjoy solo camping and have favourite places in my neck of the woods. This will be the first year I'll be without a dog. My dog Reese is not doing well at the moment.

KenBrace likes this.
  3. KenBrace

KenBrace Novice Camper

Hi @Northern Dancer. Yeah I enjoy solo camping but my main preference is seclusion. If people are all around you then camping loses a lot of its charm. I don't want to be in public. I want to be secluded out in nature. Having a friend or family member along is usually nice because you have someone to talk to as well as backup in case of emergency.

I'd like to find a spot in GA that is very secluded but that still allows camp fires. A camp fire is always a must.

Draft saved Draft deleted