1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Anyone else eating rabbit?

Discussion in 'Food' started by Esperahol, Dec 24, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Newbie

In Peru, roasted guinea pig is a national dish that they serve in restaurants.
    They raise them for eating and they're bigger than the ones Americans keep as pets because of all the table scraps they are fed.

guinea-pig-3.jpg

I wouldn't eat a Peruvian guinea pig because they're adorable.

These are Peruvian guinea pigs. I want to pet their silky hair, not eat them.
    peruvians.JPG

2. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

They are cute, but if they taste delicious... I mean there are many adorable things that I consider good eating food. I do not however eat anything too sentient - dolphins and octopi aren't generally on my menu. Things that have to be boiled alive aren't generally on my menu. Fuzzy things like rabbits and apparently guinea pigs are. Also lambs and veal and once a monkey. Monkeys are delicious... and generally quite illegal to devour. Don't do it!

3. wilbo

wilbo Newbie

I could be wrong, but if I recall correctly I was in Central Park at the time.

4. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

Well why didn't you say so? That makes complete sense. Last time I was there I survived off of the blood and flesh of the weak... and/or hipsters. There really isn't much difference between the two terms.

5. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

I like to cook rabbit on an open fire if I am out in the bush. I like eating rabbit because of it's lean meat. In the Pacific Northwest we got rabbits everywhere ,so catching one isn't to much of a problem.

6. Libragirl67

Libragirl67 Newbie

I have eaten rabbit before. I do like the taste of the meat. And it is probably better for you than cow or pig meat. But in general I try not to eat meat, because that is the healthiest way to do it. I have never prepared or killed rabbit myself. I did have a boyfriend at one time who cooked the rabbit meat for us. And it was quite delicious.

7. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

Note to self - Pacific Northwest visit in the near future. On another note rabbit has excellent meat, but at times I wished there was a lot more of it.

I personally feel like as a homo sapien I should behave as my evolutionary slot tells me. The large head and excessively long juvenile period along with the odd arrangement of teeth would dictate that eating meat along with vegetables, fruits, and grains would be the best idea possible. So yeah.

That said it isn't too hard to prepare, but rabbits do tend to scream depending on the method of trapping. That's okay though because horrific murder makes everything taste better.

8. bigteeth96

bigteeth96 Newbie

I figure they are abundant and not too hard to trap/hunt, so if I ever need to I will. I am not that primitive right now because I bring my own 'processed' foods to camp. I just enjoy being outdoors.

9. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

Primitive? Eh... Well the thing is I hunt to supplement what little I take out into the field with me, because I pack light thereby allowing me to range out over a great expanse. Then again I just like hunting overall.

Draft saved Draft deleted