1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Are you ready...for camping 2014?

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Northern Dancer, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...like I've been ready since I packed up last summer.

BUT...it's a new season and time to think smores, "hammer" burgers, camp fires, skinny dips; my base camp sign says it all. [Corroboro Lodge - Latin for: Place of Strength] - Cool Breeze, Warm Fire, Easy Chair, Empty Plates, Short Sips, Long Life - To the Days that Are.

And since the former President of the United States - George Bush did us a favour by declaring an earlier start on day light savings time we should be getting ready right????

So....

If you are interested here are some on line quizzes that you might like to try to pump up the enthusiasm.

For solo campers (like me): solo camping quiz - http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/outdoor-activities-channel.htm
    No trace camping: Take the Outdoor Skills Quiz - http://www.planetanimals.com/logue/
    Camping Knowledge: http://www.nerdtests.com/ Quiz

There are others too. If you pick up on a notable one let me know - I want to be really really ready!

27zkfc.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Laughter and a good sense of humor are a important part of getting ready for and then onsite camping. If The tent is too short enjoy the breeze.

tent.jpg

3. Northern Dancer

Ha...Ha...how very true. Sometimes we find that the preparation time is the most fun.

4. 2sweed

Also remember nothing is ever as easy as it looks. There are no buttons to push when things don't get done.

button.jpg

5. Northern Dancer

And sometimes that is just fine. Our lives seem to have all kinds of buttons or facsimiles - telephones, computers, i pads just to name a few. Maybe that isn't a bad idea.

6. 2sweed

You are right about that, but I always get a smile on my face when I see the Staples, easy button. It often makes me wish that things were that easy all the time. A bit of humor and nothing more. :)

7. Northern Dancer

True...an easy button would come in handy. Sometimes I get so lazy I just want supper to be served. But that aint gonna happen unless I get up and cook it :(.

8. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I actually bought one of those at one point as a gift for someone around when they first started selling them, it was really quite amusing actually. It is funny that those went from being a marketing tool for one of their ad campaigns to now they are still selling them years later.

9. 2sweed

I think this button would suit us all better, as it is want we love best! camp button.jpg

10. Northern Dancer

Good point.

Draft saved Draft deleted