1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Arrowhead ----->

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Northern Dancer, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Hello All! - including all the new members of Camping Babble.

I was thrilled to get away for fourteen-days at Arrowhead Lake - a new place for me. I enjoyed every minute of it and experienced every kind of weather pattern [other than snow] that one could meet. There was the fierce thunder and lightning storm on the Thursday evening followed by the damaging wind storm on the Friday that caused havock in several areas. I experienced hot summer days and plunging autumn temperatures. How clever it was to bring a winter tent [with stove] and a winter sleeping system. The plan for the fourteen-days was to read, write, hike and get-away-from-it-all. And that I did.

IMG_1546.jpg

Arrowhead Lake.

IMG_1553.jpg

Arrowhead Lake near my campsite.

IMG_1548.jpg

The Hiker's Trail Bridge [At one time we would have just sloshed through the water, right?]

IMG_1544.jpg
    Laying on my bunk watching smoke curl from the stack through the walls of my tent.

IMG_1551.jpg Hiking the many beautiful trails.

IMG_1563.jpg The strange Big East River and the sand erosion.

IMG_1570.jpg I got lost [just a tad]. As you can see someone removed the guide sign from the pole. I was to go right...but of course, I went left. Who would do such a thing?

But what I really enjoyed was this...

IMG_1574.jpg

And then there was this-too!

IMG_1558.jpg IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg ...sure glad that I brought my winter Alaknak

killeroy154 likes this.
  2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

It sure looks like a perfect campsite although you have mentioned the strong winds that ruined your peace. But I wonder why you stayed for 14 days there and you said to read and write. Anyway that's your personal agenda. Well, it looks like you are not camping but just on a vacation in a serene place. With that kind of a campsite it would be best to explore although I’m not sure if there are wild animals that can harm you. Thanks for posting the nice pics, truly wonderful.

3. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...very true Alexandoy. It was a vacation though there were lots of things to do. There are no issues with animal or man - just pure outdoor pleasure. Oh...there was a visit from a pesky raccoon who visited in the wee hours of the morning - the first that I had seen this season. There were opportunities to go kayaking, canoeing, surfboarding, bicycling etc. I just wanted to stay put other than hiking the trails. It also afforded an opportunity to try some new outdoor recipes and hone some of my camp skills.

4. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Looks like you had a great time, and some nice pictures. 2 weeks is great! Sounds like you had a mixed bag with the weather.

5. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Well?? You've spoiled us. I'm waiting for a video like you did last time. You started it.

Draft saved Draft deleted