1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Back in Everton with the Group

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Northern Dancer, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

The theme for the weekend was Star Wars and a 153 youth and adults showed up to join in on the fun. The weather was fantastic as well as the food.

IMG_1017.jpg

There were tents everywhere
    IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg IMG_1011.jpg

In group camping - families and gatherings it can be fun to have a theme. I sometimes do this when I solo camp too. Maybe on this trip I'm going to spend more time in making gadgets for my site like chairs, or tables, or some other contraption.

Mike Benson and killeroy154 like this.
  2. scrapper

scrapper Novice Camper

That weather seems fantastic indeed. Which are the common temperature ranges?. Never thought of a lunar solo camp before, there is some device attached to the cardboard astronaut, is that a recorder?.

3. Northern Dancer

Great to see you online @scrapper. The device that you see on the wood spaceman (one of the props I made) is a sensor night light.

Our temperature range in this neck of the wood is a bit higher than normal. The week end ranged from a low of 5C (41F) to a high of 22C (72F) though the day before it climbed to 28C. We are officially into fall and the daylight is fading fast. :)

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

It looks like you really outdid yourself setting up camp for the kids, any funny reactions from them?

5. Northern Dancer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> :)

All aspects of the program were well executed and jammed packed with fun for all ages. Several of the leaders wore costumes and the theme permeated through other parts of the day like campfires, hikes, and various events. The one that went over the best was the sabre invaders [made from pool noodles]. All the photos haven't been received yet and I hope to post a few more.

Draft saved Draft deleted