1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Badlands of South Dakota

Discussion in 'United States' started by Tom, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Tom

Tom Newbie

Just back from a windy 6 day camping trip. Badlands have few trees and rolling hills, everything the wind likes when it wants to get in your face!

Sights were fun. We had Big Horn sheep grazing right next to us, of course that drove our dog crazy. I was proud of him, he was respectful and maintained a safe distance from them. The erosion was fascinating, everything is different, everything is the same.

Temps were all over the place which makes camping in between the seasons a challenge. Cold at night, cold in the morning, warming up in the afternoon making a long sleeve shirt too warm. As soon as the sun starts its decline, back comes that chilly cold.

Equipment worked very well for us. I did find a couple items to address. New straps for the Eskimo tent to keep it guide down in the wind would be needed. A new battery for the food thermometer was needed. Nothing serious.

I had intended to share pictures, but, I'm not allowed to upload photos, sorry.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

You paint an interesting picture and it would have been great to see some photos. Don't give up on that idea.

Most of my spring, summer, and early fall is spent camping and canoeing in Algonquin Park, Haliburton Waterway Trails, and Haliburton Forest. All are able to quench my outdoor thirst. This site is loaded with my adventures and tips.

Draft saved Draft deleted