1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Bernz-O-Matic Duel Beam Propane Lantern, model TX-750

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Stuart, Sep 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Stuart

Stuart Newbie

My father had a 40 year old Bernz-O-Matic Duel Beam Propane Lateran, model TX-750 in storage. The globe is missing, probably got broke on a camping trip years ago. Anybody have any idea where I could get a replacement globe?

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

3. Stuart

Stuart Newbie

Measuring the lantern, the globe seems to be larger than modern lanterns, 6.25" tall and 4.5" diameter.

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Good suggestions "BM "- I also looked up the site on the web - there are several hits you might want to explore Stuart.

5. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Check out Amazon. Lots of times they have the parts I need. Also do a random search online and see if any hits are promising.

6. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Honestly, I would avoid buying something like this online unless you have measurements or a model number so you can be certain. Your best bet in my opinion would be to visit one of those large camping supply stores (where I am it is Bass Pro) and checking if anything they have there fits.

I don't know if you plan on using this lantern on your future camping trips or if it is just as more of a collectible since it is quite old but if it were me I might try a wire screen.

7. Stuart

Stuart Newbie

Thanks.

I've thought it over and concluded that I'd probably be better off using new, probably with batteries.

8. Northern Dancer

The great thing Stuart is there are a lot of different possibilities in terms of lanterns and such. Have fun checking them out. Try Cabela's or Brass Pro to get ideas then check them out at your local store whatever that might be. Nice to see you on line.

9. Stuart

Stuart Newbie

Scheels would be the big outdoors store.

10. Northern Dancer

That is a new one for me; I check it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted