1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Boys Life...Mans Life...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Northern Dancer, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I always wanted a subscription to this...

upload_2016-2-15_11-40-56.jpeg upload_2016-2-15_11-41-25.jpeg

When I was a boy I wanted this magazine so much...
    never did get it :( .
    It's a fabulous magazine for any age and is jam packed
    with excellent articles, photography
    and know how commentaries
    that will interest the pre-eminet
    campers among us.

Boy Scouts of America

Great Stuff!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRH8nbocaOJkr4ypZ38FFJkw6LnQmjp9TMTmlZbcPcdaJV_q_5ZJA.jpg

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Seems like a pattern in life, you can't have a lot of things as a kid that as you get older and gain the means to get them you've already lost interest :(

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Thanks y'all. Maybe I subscribe and give to my grandson. I have thought about getting in with the scouts in this area, but afraid I wouldn't have enough time to devote. Grandson is 7 now and reads very well.

4. Northern Dancer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :)

"What thou sayest is true."

5. Northern Dancer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :)

True...it is a lot of work but it has its rewards too. One has to focus on what one does and keep it recreational rather than work. The magazine really is a good choice and is designed for all age groups in scouting.

6. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Actually I am a bit disappointed in the modern Boys life magazine. When I was growing up my brother got this magazine and I read it cover to cover. It was thick and had all types of write in and ask questions and answers, conservation articles and many interesting facts and articles. Today's magazine is all like a comic book, yes some facts but thin and lacking in my opinion. It is like cereal always new and improved where the original would have tasted better. :rolleyes::eek:

7. Northern Dancer

I guess I was always attracted the activity that the boys were involved in wishing that I could be a part of the group. I don't know of any youth magazine (or others) that have been around as long as 1911 - so they have to be doing something right. :)

2sweed likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted