1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Brand recommendations on a 5 person tent?

Discussion in 'Shelter' started by ashley0323, Oct 1, 2016.

1. ashley0323

ashley0323 Novice Camper

I need a good, sturdy, 5 person tent. I am wanting it to last a few years, so I am looking for quality, even if that means spending a bit more. Do you have any brand recommendations?
    Thanks!

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I prefer taped seams, and good zippers. The only problems I have had out of tents were the rain fly or other seams leaking. If there is a seam then it has had a needle pushed thru creating a hole. I don't want to buy a new tent and then have to go over all the seams with a sealer. Cheap zippers can ruin a good time camping, and a decent tent. Most of times the zipper gets caught in the seam or flap that it's attached to, so I usually take my time and watch as I zip it. Kids are not so patient.

You do get what you pay for. I don't spend more than a couple of hundred on a tent because I don't do any backpacking or go to extreme weather areas. I might get caught in a storm once in awhile, but the tent and I usually survive.

3. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...suggestion - check out these leading camp suppliers-

Cabela's
    L.L. Bean
    Bass Pro

There may be others too but these will certainly give you lots to search. If you find a particular brand do your research - check product reviews from independent consumers. Have fun searching.

And another thing - I never purchase anything that isn't on sale. :)

4. Check-in out Kodiak Canvas tents, last tent you will ever buy that stands up to virtually everything that mother nature can throw at you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted