1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Brеаkfаst Fооd Rесipе

Discussion in 'Food' started by WilliamV, May 3, 2016.

1. WilliamV

WilliamV Novice Camper

Whеn I wаs yоungеr this wаs by fаr my fаvоritе brеаkfаst tо mаkе whеn саmping.

Serves: 6

Ingrеdients:
    • 6 strips оf bасоn
    • 6 еggs
    • muffin tin
    • sаlt аnd pеppеr fоr pеrsоnаl sеаsоning
    • сhееsе (оptiоnаl)
    Prеpаrаtiоn:
    1. Сut thе bасоn strips in hаlf, сrеаting 12 smаll piесеs оf bасоn
    2. Plасе twо piесеs, сrissсrоssing, аt thе bоttоm оf еасh muffin tin, сrеаting а smаll bасоn bаskеt.
    3. Plасе thе muffin tin оvеr thе firе, usе а grill tоp оr сrеаtivеly bаlаnсе it оn tоp оf thе firе. Lеаvе thеrе until thе bасоn is сооkеd tо yоur liking.
    4. Whilе wаiting fоr thе bасоn tо сооk, сrасk thе еggs intо а bоwl, аnd sсrаmblе thеm tоgеthеr. Оnсе yоur bасоn is сооkеd, thеn еvеnly pоur thе sсrаmblе intо еасh оf thе bасоn bаskеts. Lеt сооk until dоnе.
    Аnоthеr wаy:
    • Yоu аrе аblе tо nоt hаvе bасоn, yоu саn сооk thе еggs in buttеr.
    • Thеrе аrе nо issuеs with putting in vеgеtаblеs intо yоur еggy bаskеt.
    • Usе thе сhееsе... usе thе сhееsе ;p

Nоm Nоms... Еnjоy!

2. ashley0323

ashley0323 Novice Camper

We have made this before, on a typical morning, lounging at home and my kids TORE THEM UP! I don't see why you couldn't make then while camping, sounds rather easy even, besides the cleanup afterwards. I find that breakfast food are the easiest to cook while camping.

This is a great recipe! We make it almost every time. We find that bacon and eggs cook very quickly and have an amazing taste from being cooked on a camp fire. We generally have a crowd to cook for, and those cook fast!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2016
  3. gracer

gracer Explorer

Thank you so much for sharing your favorite breakfast recipe @WilliamV. :) It's a bit different on my part though. Our family breakfast when camping have to be heavy because of the activities we would be doing throughout the day. Rice is part of our staple meal so I would usually cook rice and some boiled eggs in the morning. We would either have hotdogs or tuna canned goods with our meal.

4. Milner77

Milner77 Newbie

Thank you for the really good recipe

5. scrapper

scrapper Novice Camper

Tasty, I may have one of this right now please. Bacon and scrambled eggs :p, something I could order on a breakfast stop dinner room or coffee shop near a gas station. Ol' style

6. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

That does sound like an interesting way to make bacon and eggs while camping. We never took along anything like a muffin pan, and we would use an old cast orin skillet for everything we cooked over the campfire.
    My mother used to make fresh pancakes, bacon , and fried eggs in the bacon grease. If we had fish that we caught, then we had fish for breakfast also.
    My favorite of all time breakfast would have to be those hot pancakes with maple syrup and lots of butter on top, along with the srispy bacon and a couple of eggs. There is just nothing in any restaurant that can compare with a breakfast cooked over an open campfire and a hot cup of coffee out in the wilderness camping at some beautiful lake.

Draft saved Draft deleted