1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Buffalo Mtn Park

Discussion in 'Trails' started by killeroy154, Sep 29, 2018.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

This is a place we've talked about frequently when we would go to this town, that's only an hour from home. I don't know why we do this.

Anyhow we slept in this morning, I was actually off from work last night Yay! We drove to Johnson city, near Buffalo Mtn, and ate at an Idian restaurant for lunch, and then drove to the trail head in the park. Boy was that a mistake, we should've hit the trail early in the morning not after sucking down a big lunch. There are a lot of trails on this mountain, and there are some nice views of the town and the Unaka mountains that hide North Carolina from us. There were lots of the red mushrooms with white spots on them. I've heard those are the ones that make a person hallucinate. I made a short video of hiking on one of the trails. I'll try to attach it. 20180929_124538.jpegView attachment 4893View attachment 4894View attachment 4895 [​IMG] 20180929_145503.jpeg 20180929_145527.jpeg 20180929_160206.jpeg 20180929_142934.jpeg

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

You are lucky to live in that place near a town with that mountain trail. I wonder why you said the mistake about not eating much. I presume that you spent more time than intended and you got hungry on your way back. Didn't you prepare anything before going on the hike. At least that is a neat lesson that if you are not certain of the terrain then you have to be prepared with food and implements like rope and knife not to mention camera.

Draft saved Draft deleted