1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Bug Out Bag

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Junkbots, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Junkbots

Junkbots Newbie

The idea is deceptively simple - a single bag that's full of everything you need to leave society for a few days. If it isn't full of food and shelter materials, it'll be full of tools useful for procuring such necessities. There's a slew of differing opinions out there about what should be in a bug out bag.

Here's my 3-day bug out bag:
    - MRI approx. 3000-4000 calories
    - Water filter
    - Collapsible water containers
    - Toothpaste & brush
    - Toilet paper
    - Radio
    - Cell phone
    - Whistle
    - Candles
    - Dynamo rechargeable flashlight
    - Multitool including quality blade
    - 1 Roll Duct tape
    - Small spade
    - Thread & needle
    - Nylon rope 30 ft.
    - Poncho
    - Waxed matches
    - 2 wool blankets
    - Tent
    - Bug repellent
    - First aid kit (standard + snake bite & burn treatment)
    - Sun block
    - Small amnt. of money (approx. $25 cash)
    - Books, paper, and pen for entertainment

What would you take? Would you use this bag or add/subtract something? Please include a general geographical location to help explain your choices. Michigan here!

2. R. Zimm

R. Zimm Newbie

That is a good list that will see you through a good period of time. I like to also bring a cheap pack of playing cards and I did not see a signal mirror on the list, that would be in mine.

3. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

If you make a bug out bag make sure it will help you in the enviroment you are surrounded in. For example if you are living in a city add a P-38 can opener to it ,so if you run into can foods you can easily open them. You want your bug out bag to be light ,so you can carry it long distances if needed.

Draft saved Draft deleted