1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Cabin, no tents, no hammocks, no trails...roads.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bibsoutdoors, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

It's perfectly civilized...not enough trees to hang a hammock. No trails, just paved roads. No campfires. As I was sitting outside on the deck, I heard the ladies talking about different dinner theaters, ski shows, shopping opportunities, movie houses and dinner theaters. I WAS SO DUPED! I have a week here to struggle in the devils grip. I don't know...this may be a really long week. Don't worry if it is, I'll do my best to drag you all down with me! Misery loves company!

Here is a little tribute to Camping Babble...
    20170615_104602.jpg

Madman4800 and killeroy154 like this.
  2. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

You do look civilized. Maybe when you are in the quilting circle you can put a campingbabble patch in somewhere. Hehehehehe!!!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

THAT'S DESPICABLE.......
    images.jpg

Madman4800 likes this.
  4. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I would like you to join our COFFEE KLATCH!
    images-18.jpg

5. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Here's the view from my "tent"...looks urban doesn't it? Maybe I need a cup of coffee. I mean, come on, a flower bed that big, must be a cultivated location. Hee he
    20170616_073324.jpg

Madman4800 likes this.
  6. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

That's is a nice view. What direction are you looking? Do you get a good sunrise or sunset?

7. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

We are looking south. I missed the sunset last evening because I was in visiting with my sister-in-law. It was dark when I escaped outside, one thing I can confirm...mosquitoes are 1' X 3' and hungry. I came back into the house when I heard three of them talking about carrying me to the other side of the lake for a bed time snack.
    Cloudy this morning, no visible sun rise. The temps this morning are a wonderful 66°F. For the last hour and a half I've been dinking around on my tablet. Woke at 0518, said nope, closed my eyes and woke again at 0700. I really need to get going, I don't know where I'm going but I've got to get out of bed!

killeroy154 likes this.
  8. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Wild life has been mildly interesting. Today I've seen, 2 loons, 4 pelicans, 2 frogs, 1 yellow finch, several black birds, minnows near the shore and numerous people.

Domestically, I've mowed the lawn, watered the lawn, changed 3 door handles, done dishes twice, put away a boat motor, carried in groceries, put groceries away...yeah, all in all...a typical day at home. So why am I here? Baahaaaaa!

You may now call me "Hook," for the hook I have implanted deep in my mouth!

9. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Tonight I'm enjoying a pipe, sitting at the end of a dock, when this guy came by eating to his hearts content. I had no idea they held their breaths under water for so long. Awesome! Last night they sang for Margo and I when we were laying in bed.
    20170616_202349.jpg 20170616_202305.jpg

killeroy154 and Madman4800 like this.
  10. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

That looks nice by the water.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  11. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I've slept better here at night then I have at home??? I don't know, is it the lake air? Here's what a morning looks like without clouds.
    20170617_062401.jpg 20170617_062353.jpg 20170617_062348.jpg

killeroy154 likes this.
  12. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN! 6 hours today, 6 hours!! We drove from one Farmers market to another (good stuff.) Then some idiot suggested we take in the cultural arts fair. 10 locations in three cities and two located out in the boonies. 6 HOURS OF THIS! An hour, maybe two, not six. Paintings were good. Pottery, questionable. Jewelry, I wanted to swallow ten penny nails...whole. I'll be the first to admit I'm anything but cultured, but six hours straight...what did I do wrong to deserve this punishment? The worst thing (five steps up from the jewelry) nothing to eat. You heard me, 2 ladies going balls to the wall, not willing to take 45 minutes for a bite to eat! I'm not made this way. Should we talk about prices? Maybe this section should be moved over to Dancers $700 a night hotel. Who in their right minds pays $250 for a pottery vase that's crooked, or, $3,500 for a wielded piece of crap they call fine art? Fine art just means; you did a fine job if you can get some sucker to pay $3,500 for that! I WANT TO GO CAMPING, not circumvent the globe, just camp.

I told you if I got drug through the mud, I was taking you all with me, my plans have not changed, I'm taking you with!

Tomorrow promises to be a close second to today. Brunch cruise. 2 hours aboard a boat with other people, eating, while putsing around the lake on a rat infested germ mobile. OH, I CAN'T WAIT! Probably contract the bubonic plague through the air vents! Will no one come to my aide? Really, no one?
    images-6.jpg

Madman4800 likes this.
  13. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

I laughed my ass of from start to finish on that one. You can drag me threw all of it as long as you promise to keep me grinning while I read. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  14. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

That sucks! You do have my sympathies brother. Maybe today be better? My wife has discovered that she has a 30% off discount at a clothing store, so guess what. I'm going clothes shopping, bang head. Must be the celestial alignment of the planets or something. What did we ever do wrong?

I have an idea. What if we start dragging and insisting that our wives take us shopping, to cultural arts events and stuff like that, and the try to make them miserable by taking to long being at those places. When I get to that clothing store I think I'll go in changing room, tell her I am trying on clothes, and then sleep or go into a coma or something like that. Try to drag them to that stuff, and make them wait and wait on us. Then maybe they won't take us with them any more. Take some candy bars and sweet stuff with you cause it may take a while to break them. Just a thought.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  15. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Hey, I like the new anagram! Well done. Good choice, that one will endure.

16. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

This makes me laugh, not like that meanie Madman4800 who is laughing at my pain, but in a brotherly bond to break evil forces!

I like the idea of breaking the bank with the women, I just fear they have more on deposit then I do. Yesterday nearly bankrupt me and they just started. No, the more I think on that one the less likely we can beat them at their own game. How does this sound; they make us go shopping, we take them to NASCAR, Professional Bull Riding, Tractor Pulls, Demolition Derby, Golfing things like this that they are sure to disapprove of? I'm not even sure that would work, my wife's portfolio is much more diverse than mine, we could try though.

Just the idea of going shopping or the such even to use it against them makes me light headed and a bit nauseous. If others have stronger constitutions, let them give it a try. If the return results are positive, I'll sign up.
    images-12.jpg
    We must keep these thoughts TOP SECRET. If found out we could face Capital Punishment if found guilty of said crimes. If caught by the enemies while the discharging of these or similar instructions, denied all wrong doing and DON'T link any of the rest of us to the plot!

This is a secured forum, isn't it? Signed Hillary
    FB_IMG_1497295934296.jpg

killeroy154 and Madman4800 like this.
  17. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

Sorry to be such a meanie but I just couldn't help myself. I do feel your pain. We have all been there and I'm sure we will all be back again. I will let know when I go back so you can have fun at my expense to.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  18. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

19. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

th-42.jpg

20. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS!! THAT'S FUNNY!!
    th-17.jpg

Madman4800 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted