1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camera is important in camping trips

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Alexandoy, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

One aspect of a camping trip is in saving the memory. I always capture anything to record whatever it is that looks interesting when I am on a camping trip. Sometimes it’s just the vegetation with some unique plants, sometimes the insects like the giant grasshopper. But seeing wild animals like monkeys, it is one of the greatest shots I made. In one mountain resort in the province of Zambales, I was face to face with monkeys on the road and one big monkey even tried to grab my camera. I heard the screams of my family inside the car. It was scary but fun. Unfortunately, no one had taken my picture in that incident.

Liz_simmons707 likes this.
  2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Maybe the monkey was going to take your picture? I always take pictures especially at the campsite because it saves the date stamp, and I tease people at work about the great time. If I don't have a great time, we'll I don't want to say I lie or anything, but I might stretch it a little.

3. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...I usually take pictures and some of my colleagues will take videos of the event as well. In the past it has been my/our custom to take photos and write up a journal that is given out in early fall as we gathered around the barbecue and swapped [stretched] stories. We traditionally had one award. It is known as the "Tit Award". The award - with patch and scroll - was given to the first individual or group who made a sensational error. Things like burning the entire camp meal, or a canoe overturn when it shouldn't have happened etc.

I still journal and will take one off the shelf, usually during the winter months, and read.

From a 2000 Algonquin Journal -

Welcome Adventure.
    Welcome Wholesome Fun.
    Welcome Peace and Tranquility.
    Welcome Algonquin.
    Welcome Memories.
    Welcome to YOUR MEMORIES...
    "Hold them firm and cherish your memories for they will bring back comfort and cheer in years to come. Take them from off the shelf on some stormy winter night and read with delight from the chronicle of your own life. Smile, be content and remember good things, good people, good food, good fellowship and good times. "

Michael.jpg

Michael , the guy everyone is paying attention to was killed
    in a tragic car accident last year in July.

camp1.jpg

The re-dedication of Baden Powell lake in Algonquin Park
    Pictures - are important for a lot of reasons.

killeroy154 likes this.
  4. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

I have never been the biggest photographer out there but I do really like how the phone really makes everything all in one. It is just easier to carry and it means that I am destined to get at least a couple good photos when I go out.

Draft saved Draft deleted