1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camp Fire cake

Discussion in 'Food' started by Libragirl67, May 11, 2013.

1. Libragirl67

Libragirl67 Newbie

Camp fire cake in an orange shell:
    1 box jiffy yellow cake mix
    6 large thick skin of oranges
    water
    tinfoil

Slice two inches in diameter from oranges and save. Remove orange from shell with a spoon being careful not to damage the shell. Prepare cake mix per instructions. Fill each orange shell 1/2 full of mix. Replace top and wrap in foil. Bake in hot coals about 20 minutes. Turning often.

2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

RE: camfire cake

This recipe sounds really good for a nightly snack. I can imagine how well this would go over with children. It is always nice to try new recipes and hope they turn out as good it did for the person who told you about it. I will try this and share it with my friends.

3. R. Zimm

R. Zimm Newbie

It does sound very good. I remember not something about cooking in orange halves on the camp coals. thanks for reminding me (us)!

4. Lita11

Lita11 Newbie

Good idea...:) feeling yummy and that is too on camping. O my god...:)

5. Donna9376

Donna9376 Newbie

This sounds like a delicious cake. I think i shall make it and try it before we next head off camping :D. I may come back in a day or two and let you know what i really think of it :)

Draft saved Draft deleted