1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camp fire cream cones and easy smores...

Discussion in 'Food' started by Northern Dancer, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Thank you! I don't think that they are really all that specular and a lot of it was a group effort - I just put it together for easy management.

2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Well I am a lover of cookbooks, and although your recipes are simple, and built for camping, many folks don't often have a supply of ready made recipes to choose from that would make the camp cooking a real snap to plan ahead. I think a booklet of all the pages would make a fine gift or way to generate some $. Just a thought. :)

3. Northern Dancer

I never thought of that - I'd have to improve on the script and check for spelling and grammer - I mean grammar.

4. 2sweed

I really think it is a great idea. Do your recipe menu plans change from year to year, or do you stick with the same basic recipes?

5. Northern Dancer

We stick pretty much to the stuff we are accustomed to. BUT every year there is something new. In times past we had fun with the gourmet meal. One person would be selected from the group to wow us with something that he believed was sensational.

6. 2sweed

Sounds like you had very good filling meals and no one went hungry. After a full day of activities it is always nice to know what can be thrown together fast or on a lazy day, making a nicer gourmet meal, or just eating a fish dinner, caught out of the river.

7. Northern Dancer

True.

We have never starved on any of our trips. One gourmet meal that we enjoyed seven days into the trip was thick pork chops marinated in sweet wine, mashed potato, with cream and butter added, green beans, baked muffins with cheese toping, ice cream and cookies.

He won recognition that day:).

8. 2sweed

How did he keep the pork chops fresh and the ice cream frozen for 7 days? A meal like that would have made that cook very popular and invited to do that again anytime. Just reading about it made me hungry. Yum! :)

9. Northern Dancer

Ha...Ha...we wondered why one of the food containers was so heavy - it contained the ice cream, butter, cream and pork chops [One inch thick]. How did he do that? He used dry ice. Remarkable stuff - it doesn't melt it simply disappears without a trace.

10. 2sweed

If your cook, manages meals like that this year don't be surprised if you all end up stuffed and looking at bit like this poor fellow.

sick.jpg

11. Northern Dancer

Without the book...

12. 2sweed

I don't know about that, as far as I book goes since this is in the future we are talking about. That book might be your complete listing of recipes and that poor dear man is dreaming of the next delightful meal he will get. And from the ones you have shared here, he won't have long to wait, whenever he wakes up. :happy::happy:

13. Northern Dancer

That's funny...thank you!

14. 2sweed

Your welcome. :) :)

15. Northern Dancer

I like the new look. [picture]

16. 2sweed

Trying for that natural look and a wolf seems to fit just fine. Rugged and yet just right for camping in the wilderness. Stands solo and independent yet very friendly. Babble, Babble, Babble. LOL. :)

17. Northern Dancer

I'm a wolf fan too as you can see by looking at my camp crest.

2d6tger.jpg

18. 2sweed

http://www.lightforcenetwork.com/sites/default/files/Wolf Spirit Meaning.pdf

I have always loved wolves and often had dreams of wolves that protected me as I slept as a child. I thought this article was a good way of expressing how wolves can be a part of ones life. I am not saying this is my own thoughts on the subject, but the site is insightful in some regards. They are mystical and magical in their free spirits and in that beautiful howl. :cool:

19. Northern Dancer

...smart, sharp, heroes and majestic too.

20. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I see you changed your display picture... how appropriate.

Do you watch game of thrones?

Draft saved Draft deleted