1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camp fire songs

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Libragirl67, May 11, 2013.

1. Libragirl67

Libragirl67 Newbie

They say when you are around the campfire the guy with the accoustic guitar is the most popular. So what are your top 5 favorite camping songs? Or songs you just love to sing around the campfire? Our number one song is always Hotel California by the Eagles. I do not know why it just is. How about you?

2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

When I was little mom and dad picked the songs we sung. Like Old Susanna and She Will Be Coming Around The Mountain, and Roy Roger songs. As I got older we mostly had someone along that played the guitar and if we sung at all it was a silly made-up affair where everyone added to a song making it up as we went along.
    Usually we would all start laughing and then the scary ghost or bear stories would be told. By the time it was bedtime we were too scared to sleep. every little noise was something that was coming after us. Oh to be young again. lol

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Here's one I remember from my camping childhood,

Dirty old Bill
    Lives on top of Garbage Hill
    Never washes, never will
    Dirty old Bill!

Dirty Pete, Dirty Pete
    Always smells like rotten meat
    Cannot stand to wash his feet
    Dirty Pete!

Dirty Tess, Dirty Tess,
    Never washed a singletress
    Her hair was such a total mess
    Dirty Tess!

Dirty Luke, Dirty Luke
    Never showered, the filthy kook
    Stunk so bad it made you puke
    Dirty Luke!

Best shouted as well as sung! haha :D

4. bigteeth96

bigteeth96 Newbie

I always sing the Spongebob campfire campfire song. It is a classic! After that, a lot of country/folk songs. And if we really want to party, we do some popular pop songs. Does anyone bring instruments with them?

5. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

The SpongeBob theme song, or is there another one I don't know about? I have to admit, its been a while since I've watched SpongeBob.

Draft saved Draft deleted