1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camp Tips and Smart Ideas...

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Northern Dancer, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

CAMP TIPS AND SMART IDEAS
    There's got to be a million of them...
    SO? What can you share with other Camping Babblers?
    This is what I use to mark my black guy lines when in base camp.

upload_2019-2-27_21-35-1.jpeg
    I use the yellow swimming pool noodles. I cut them into three sections. You can get them dirt cheap at the good ol Dollar Store. They are especially good for day time use.

upload_2019-2-27_21-38-29.jpeg
    I use the MSR tabs when I'm in the interior. They easily pick up any kind of light.

You can also use these too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwzl0vL59huSokIsvlRcJJ3d6fF5XoCF_khwBxOcWXC-FcaTGO.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt-s--tY9uN9equWo9Xm_D20W5jetnYpwWJie5fML98y-LAet_.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVVA-tp1tXhKnBhSX2PaX6YDL7Lt76Vw31d66PB1mrFo-M5UiWCg.jpg

This is what I use for a bear bell outside my sleeping tent.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvtA_EglkMd6hTjrHbE3XIVpPLSpF54WA9yDxRCzO_-dNAbBN8cQ.jpg

The old fashion dinner clanger. I also use it to summon the group in the case of emergencies or just the call for dinner.

I use motion lights in the dining area and on large trees to light up the area.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuQiPwV47NPPRlb5ag_h8z_OYALCnS58lc_CJa5-H2NIskKGI-.jpg Dollar store has some excellent deals and a lot less cost.

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR TIPS!

rough_rider and killeroy154 like this.
  2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Thats some great ideas! Thank you.

3. Hi. Thanks for the outlined life hacks, but personally I use Energizer metal led torch to light up the area. The motion lights seemed uncomfortable and cumbersome to me because I kept forgetting it when I was going out camping, and the led torch was tiny and always with me in my tackle box.

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

=====> Actually, the reality is there is a whole lot of ideas here on Camping Babble. Things have changed considerably since 2019 and there are always new ideas abounding.

Draft saved Draft deleted