1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

CAMP WENDAKE always a pleasure...

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Northern Dancer, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Camp Wendake is a week-long residential camp held near the beautiful shores of Lake Huron. People gather because of a common health concern, but find freedom from focusing on the disease for a brief time and find an opportunity to celebrate life. The camping experience occurs in a community where HIV/AIDS is a norm.

As a member of the Care Team it's a joy to join campers who take part in Swimming, Canoeing, Campfires, Karaoke, Stage Night, Movie Night, Archery and a whole host of other activities. Great Fun! From children, youth and adults it's a fabulous time to be had.

upload_2017-9-3_17-12-57.jpeg

upload_2017-9-3_17-13-54.jpeg Our own Elvis. upload_2017-9-3_17-15-12.jpeg You know who builds this, right?

upload_2017-9-3_17-16-52.jpeg It always burns bright. upload_2017-9-3_17-18-11.jpeg Final Circle.

IMG_1345.jpg

A very stormy Lake Huron
    IMG_1332.jpg
    Tom Frog - always prepared to greet you as you make your way to the lookout.

IMG_1336.jpg Beautiful no matter where you are.

IMG_1333.jpg IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg Roughing it as usual.

upload_2017-9-3_17-36-0.jpeg We had the best.

killeroy154 likes this.
  2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Looks like Tom Frog is saying "Oh my, we found Elvis!" I was going to ask what the CW on top of your fire logs was, but I figured that out. Nice marshmallow roaster! Yeh sure looked like you was roughing it. Was Spiderman and Captain America bunking with you? Or did they have their own posh creature comforts? Going in style. Love the pictures.

3. Northern Dancer

----> I'm a loner. Would love to post camper's pictures but because it is a specialty camp we don't do that. I'm special err...I mean privileged. "I sleep alone at nights..." I purchased a new mattress and a new floor rug. Man - I just can't seem to stop buying stuff. I was sure glad that I brought a winter sleeping bag.

One night was very cold and we ran out of the extra sleeping bags and blankets.

4. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

The rugs make it look a lot more homey. I was wondering if the nights were getting cooler up there. I trust every one slept warm. It's only been as low as upper 50s F around here at night so far, and that was a couple of nights ago.

5. Northern Dancer

---=--> Temperatures were a bit cooler than the ones you describe. In fact this has been the coldest wettest camp on record. I like floor coverings - they keep my feet warm when I hop out of bed in the morning. :joyful:

Draft saved Draft deleted