1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camper Dinnerware

Discussion in 'Food' started by shopgirl, Jul 31, 2013.

1. shopgirl

shopgirl Newbie

Hi! I am in search of some AFFORDABLE dinnerware for my camper! I really would like to find a Melamine set. I just feel like it would be easier to pack, wash, store in the camper, etc. A Melamine set would be light weight, durable and I wouldn't have to worry about anything chipping or breaking like I would if I was dealing with Porcelain, Ceramic, Stoneware, Glass, etc. I wanted to find a Melamine set that matches and goes with the decor in the camper which is neutral colors like tans, browns, white, etc. It seems the only sets that I can find are bright neon colors that stick out like a sore thumb and look cheap. I would love a paisley or brown damask design, but at this point I will settle for a solid brown set if I have to. All I want is some plates and some tumblers, maybe some bowls....and I want it all to match. I was hoping to purchase enough for at least 8 place settings. Anyone know of any good websites where I can find something like this?

2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Hi shopgirl,
    I think using Melamine dishes for your camper is a great idea. When I was younger my folks had a camper and mom had a nice set in a medium green color that we used. Like you say they do not break or chip easily and come in such pretty patterns. I looked around a bit and I think amazon is your best choice for getting a color you might like, as well as, the fact they have several sets and pieces on sale. I found several patterns and solid colors. The only other site was pfaltzgraff, but most of the dishes were really expensive there. Do a few web searches after you find the pattern you want and you might get lucky and find some for cheaper prices.

3. shopgirl

shopgirl Newbie

Hello! Thanks for the reply. I will definitely head over to Amazon and take a look around. I was searching Ebay, Walmart, Target, etc. Couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so hopefully I will get more options with Amazon. Thanks for the help!

Draft saved Draft deleted