1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camping Coffee....

Discussion in 'Food' started by happyflowerlady, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFaaB3ur342BhpnojLNuC8PhttGYpDbD6DFDbGYMXnnWuF_qkV.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ8H8Su1IXFDPeibdzd-4rbRiEjxH42GANoZT1_Vflf33SmgAoAA.jpg

Yep...you are right @happyflowerlady and can you believe? I think we have every kind you can imagine in our office. AND NOT ONLY THAT - we have a variety of different kinds of tea as well. To make it all sweeter we have 2% milk, 10% cream and 18% cream to add if your palate is up to it. Yes Virginia - there is a coffee culture. :)

happyflowerlady likes this.
  2. Northern Dancer

...oh...I forgot...then there is TNT - coffee with a bit of fire water added to it. Yuck!:wacky:

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

What about decaf?

I usually drink mine black, although sometimes some of the Timmy's french vanilla is a nice treat.

4. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

I am seriously spoiled already. I was browsing Amazon again last night to see which new ones they have on closeout this time. I think I am addicted to Coffee Fool coffee after only one exposure. Now, I am going to order one of those permanent coffee filters, and probably a few more flavors to try while I am ordering anyway.

MacGyver, one of my longtime favorite flavored coffees is called Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, so I can see why you would like raspberry coffee. Even just the aroma is heavenly. I don't have any Kahlua to try in it; but I am sure that would be awesome also.

5. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

I have been adding on some of the Coffee Fool flavored coffee that is on closeout whenever I order anything from Amazon. They are usually add-on items; so ordering them when I am making an order for something else is the best way to get them. I have found that the clearance coffees sell out very quickly; so there is no sense looking at what is on sale until you are actually ready to order it.

Right now, I am trying the RWB (red raspberry, white chocolate, and blueberry) coffee mix, and it is very similar to the chocolate raspberry truffle that I used to get from the store. I also have one that is called Almond Joy, and it has coconut and just a hint of almond and smells almost like a candy bar in a cup. It has been so cold here the last few weeks that I have been drinking more coffee than usual, and having the interesting flavors has helped that along, too.

It has definitely not been weather that inspired me to think about camping, at least not in this cold, snowy weather. Thoughts of summer, green grass and flowers seem a whole lot more like camping weather to me.

6. Northern Dancer

...I have to admit when I was out winter camping last I lay on my bunk and looked out the window of my tent looking at the moon. I thought to myself, "I will be doing the same this summer "- but I will be looking through a screened window.

20qxb8j.jpg

2uh0iu9.jpg

I don't lack comfort...

7. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Makes ya wonder if he has one of these at the foot of his bed. :happy::)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfF_MIxpOD_ZX8ovDTD2NdXSizsJVvBub2kIAd3Fw5w19kj7Ya.jpg

8. Northern Dancer

Ha...ha. NO - definitely not. BUT I do have a CD player and I bring the best of the best to listen to as I swing gently in a hammock.

campforums and happyflowerlady like this.
  9. 2sweed

Your tent is certainly comfortable looking. Is your house decorated in images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9xiXGBiUY8VSlYxd0IX9tJ-qy1O35WAj7oobfY-STtJR1uNdu.jpg motif too?

10. Northern Dancer

:bear: sort of

I have a large basement office - as I look around I can see a lot of out doorsy stuff. And I do have a life like bear head above the fireplace. There are pictures and artifacts and such. Rugs, lights etc. etc. Sort of a cabin in the house. Candles with outdoor designs are everywhere. And books... I have a large room set aside loaded with equipment and each year about this time I take inventory and decide what I will pass along to our scout group.

11. 2sweed

Sounds wonderful, a man cave in rustic cabin office format. How cool is that. Plus a countless amount of camping equipment to look over and dream about your next camping outing. :bear:y cool indeed!

12. Northern Dancer

:)

I would hope that everyone has something that motivates them and provides legitimate pleasure and satisfaction in life. I'm limited in what I do so this avenue has been especially good for me. A lot of the things that hang on the walls here and there are gifts that I have received. I share as much as I can.

2sweed and happyflowerlady like this.
  13. 2sweed

@happyflowerlady, you bring the coffee I will supply the coffee pot and a cup big enough for everyone to get a drink.

upload_2015-3-14_21-25-38.jpeg

campforums and happyflowerlady like this.
  14. campforums

What kind of window was that? Does your winter tent have acrylic windows or something?

Nice, I also like rooms that have a cozier feel as opposed to modern with glass and lots of hard surfaces.

15. Northern Dancer

The Alaknak windows are in three parts - zippered interior cover, mesh screen and vinyl see through that zips out of the way. So when it is pouring rain or snowing I can look outside. When it's warm a cozy I can let in the cool breezes.

16. campforums

Ah, transparent vinyl. I was wondering what would work to keep the heat in and cold out but also let you look through it. That tent gets more deluxe each time I hear more about it haha

17. Northern Dancer

...and I have three Alaknaks and one vestibule. Over the years I've gone through some horrific storms and simply read a book until it past.

campforums likes this.
  18. campforums

Perhaps you'll consider writing a review for it once I start pushing people to use the review system!

19. Northern Dancer

:joyful:

...love to.

Draft saved Draft deleted