1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camping Conventions

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by campforums, Jun 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Does anybody here attend any conventions for camping related stuff? I live in a major city so pretty much every week there is a convention of some sort being hosted on topics ranging from Bitcoins to Anime to House & home. I have been to one for boating which was mostly power boats but they also had some nice canoes and kayaks setup and even had a large pool which could actually have boats in it (all in the middle of the convention centre floor).

2. L_B

L_B Explorer

We have an RV and Trailer show here in the Spring. It deals with everything camping related. It is a chance to meet up with other camping enthusiast. I have been to it a few times.

campforums likes this.
  3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Ya, those are the kind of things I am talking about. Did you see anything interesting there that you would not have seen elsewhere? Conventions/trade shows like that are usually where companies introduce new products or have their flagship models on display/demo.

4. L_B

L_B Explorer

No I didn't find that there was anything too different. There were some beautiful campers with all the latest accessories. To me that just isn't camping. You have all the conveniences that you would have at home. I prefer tenting. There were also representatives from the various campgrounds and provincial parks so it was a chance to find out about new places to visit. Being from a not so big city that could have been why it didn't have anything out of the ordinary. It is more of a place to gather and talk to people who share the same interests.

campforums likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted