1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camping has certainly changed.

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by JoshPosh, Nov 28, 2014.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Pathfinder

I just saw these pictures on the internet. Has camping and the options that are available now has taken the fun out of it. I' think if we look closer a satellite dish might be available with these units.

I hope the girls comes with it as well.

camping.jpg
    mini-camping-concepts-5.jpg

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Wow, impressive. The first one looked more like something you would setup as a backyard patio but I guess people bring that camping with them as well. Weird.

The second picture I was wondering where they hauled in all that water from, it looks like there might be a lake in the background but then what is the point of bringing a portable tub? :S

happyflowerlady likes this.
  3. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

I can see a little bit of blue off in the background, too; so it does look like there is at least a small lake. That is still a lot of buckets of (cold) water to be hauling uphill through the snow, just to have a hot tub full. It must be one that is fast heating at that, or they would be waiting overnight for the water to get hot.

I guess we were all supposed to just notice the girl (like @JoshPosh did) and not think about where all of that water came from or how it got nice and hot. Besides, where did they plug it in?? Must have been a currant bush nearby, maybe.

It is definitely a lot different than what I remember as going camping. I don't even SEE a campfire. How can it be called a camping trip if there is no campfire......

4. kevinkimers

kevinkimers Novice Camper

:hilarious:The first thing that popped into my head was Starwars... not the futurist look of the tent but princess Leia's hair style. LOL. Those are really crazy ideas. Those to me are not camping, but everyone has their own opinion of what camping is. That kind of thing, in my opinion belong in a persons back yard. Though I admit the tent is interesting... it allows you to have a full view of everything while inside.

5. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

It also allows everything else outside a full view of you inside :rolleyes:

That's marketing for you. Not always thought out the best but I'm sure they put a lot of effort into producing those images for brochures and what not. It takes quite a bit of energy to heat up that much water so I'm guessing that it runs off the battery from you car (which you obviously have if you're bringing a giant hot tub along with you). I guess you could also heat the water over a fire which would warm up pretty quickly and then use a battery to maintain the temperature.

Draft saved Draft deleted