1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camping In Groups

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by gracer, Aug 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. gracer

gracer Explorer

Hi guys! :)

My family and I usually go with a group whenever we go camping, especially if the place where we plan to camp into is really far. We sometimes go with our friends and their families or with our family relatives. Aside from the safety we get in numbers, we also find it more enjoyable to go out into the woods with a group of people.

Do you also enjoy camping out in a group or do you prefer to camp with only a few people?

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I have been camping with family some years ago, and it was fun. We played cards and board games. Most of the camping I do now is only with 1 or 2 people. It usually centers more on fishing. Me like fishys.

gracer and campforums like this.
  3. missyify

missyify Survivalist

We usually camp with my mom. My husband and I have 3 kids and he has 2 kids from his first marriage, so we're quite a crowd on our own, especially during visitation. My grandparents, aunt and uncle went with us a few trips ago and I just felt like waitstaff lol constantly cooking, serving, washing dishes while keeping my kids out of trouble or giving them jobs to do as everyone else kicked back. So I definitely enjoy when it's just us or us and my mom.

I'm planning on going without my husband sometimes, too, but probably with my mom.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

gracer likes this.
  4. camping

camping Newbie

Group camping is much better but the only problem is that you often end up having a lot of things to carry along with you. Also, it becomes slow to move if you are travelling in a group as you end-up waiting for everyone to get ready.

With that being said, the safety factor which you mentioned triumphs all and ensures that it is worth going in groups.

gracer likes this.
  5. gracer

gracer Explorer

@missyify I can totally relate with you because I too would usually be the one tidying up things whenever my family has outdoor activities such as camping or just simply going out on a picnic. I only have one child though so watching over him is not a problem because I have a lot of people with me who could watch over him while I tidy up together with the other mothers in our group. :)

@camping You have a good point there. I think that's also one of the disadvantages I could think of when it comes to camping or even hiking in groups. There are those times when you have to bear with the time spent waiting for others who may be slower than everyone else but I guess it all pays up in the end once you get to your camp site and enjoy each and everyone's company. :)

missyify likes this.
  6. missyify

missyify Survivalist

That would be nice but I don't know many people outside of my family. My family exhausts me so I really don't have energy to socialize aside from the mothers of friends my daughter makes (since I kinda have to), her coaches, and her violin teacher. You would think my family would be more, "Hey she has her hands full." They more or less demand without so much as a please or thank you. I'm very glad it was just that one time. They were in a camper and still complained about everything.

7. gracer

gracer Explorer

They are all so lucky to have you with them then. :) Rarely do we see people like you who does all the work without complaining nowadays. In my case, I do all the work too when it comes to chores within the family but I get lucky when we go out camping with other people because There would always be someone who would volunteer to help me in tidying up, especially my fellow camper moms. :)

missyify likes this.
  8. missyify

missyify Survivalist

Oh I complain lol just not to them. I think the most frustrating part is trying to teach my children manners by example then grown adults (who would jump on a child for forgetting to say "please") pointing at things or waving their hand to request something.

Most people are floored by my kids mastery of manners, even my one year old can sign "eat, please". So it's more that a little frustrating that the very same gesturing adults in my family attack at any tiny infraction, such as a child being so excited they forget to say please or thank you.

9. gracer

gracer Explorer

Oh, I get that a lot too, especially from my own parents. :rolleyes: It could be so annoying especially because you know your kids more than other people do so you're the one who knows their strengths and flaws very well. Some people just don't know how to back down when it comes to disciplining or pointing out the mistakes they see on other people's kids. I'm just glad that whenever we go outdoors to spend some time with nature, everybody feels so relaxed and so in connection with the beauty of nature that everyone has positively good vibes with them. :)

missyify likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted