1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camping recipe: Muffin Tin Eggs

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Maggie, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Maggie

Maggie Guest

This is a fun way to make eggs for a bunch of people at the same time, or make eggs for some people in a muffin tin and pancakes for others in the skillet.

Muffin_Tin_Eggs_Recipe_.jpg

Serves: 6

Ingredients:
    • 6 strips of bacon
    • 6 eggs
    • Muffin tin

Preparation:
    1. Cut each strip of bacon in half, making 12 pieces total.
    2. Put 2 pieces of bacon into the bottom of each of the 6 muffin tin cups in a cross, making a little bacon "basket."
    3. Place the muffin tin on the grill over the campfire and cook the bacon until done to your liking.
    4. Crack an egg into each cup on top of the hot, cooked bacon and cook more until the eggs are done.

Raw_Eggs.jpg
    You can make fried and scrambled at the same time!

Variation:
    • On occasion I've been teased that all of my recipes contain bacon! Instead of bacon, you can cook the eggs in butter.
    • This dish is especially nice with a few leaves of fresh spinach cooked between the eggs and the bacon.
    • A sprinkle of cheese can never hurt, right?

Continue reading...

2. TABL

TABL Explorer

I never though to make them in a muffin tin! I will have to try this. Even for busy morning, as my boys love bacon and eggs! Too bad bacon is so darn expensive!

Draft saved Draft deleted