1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camping? Why?

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by killeroy154, Jul 2, 2019.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

If you read this then you are either intrigued, interested, long for, enjoy it or just plain hard core in love with camping. I have a passion for camping. I may only get the chance to go 2 or 3 times a year, and 1 to 4 days each time.

A little about me and why I enjoy camping. I am early 50s, male, married 25+ years, blue collar factory worker with average pay for this area. I don't have a camper or motor rv. I mainly camp in a tent, and it is normally a tent that doesn't cost over 200 bucks, more like a hundred, and most of my tents were purchased used. I camp near water because I enjoy fishing. Either drive in to camp site or take a boat to one. I've done lots of day hikes, but never done any back pack camping. I'm not a survivalist and I don't care about escaping where I can't be found. I like being where I can be contacted by my wife or family.

What I love most about camping is, sleeping in a tent, having and cooking over a camp fire, the smell of wood smoke, not hearing refrigerator air cleaners and other electronic things making noise. I do enjoy a small thunder storm passing over, as long as it ain't to extreme, and a slight wind that ruffles the tent fly before it starts to rain. I've been in some extreme storms, and tornado weather and I didn't like that. I even love to hear small critters scurrying around in the leaves foraging for food, going about their nightly business for survival.

I always love hearing from other people. What area they live in, camp, hike, or what they enjoy about camping. I better get off here before babbling on some more.

Roy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Northern Dancer likes this.
  2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...well...here I am. I was away when you wrote this fabulous article and I enjoyed the read. I thought I might parallel what you had to say - then I would be wrecking an article that could have easily been written by an outdoor journalist/enthusiast. Suffice to say that I can identify with everything you so amply described. We are a strange breed, and those who hike the trails, canoe the routes, fish the streams, sit at the fire, and sleep under the stars really comprehend those certain feelings we get.

tenor.gif

Draft saved Draft deleted