1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Campsites for Survival - I mean really.

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Jason76, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Novice Camper

Sometimes if you're low on cash and want a new start, you can book a campsite for around 10 USD a night, at the low end. However, though, it might be a bit rough for fall and winter and if you're starting a new job somewhere, the gasoline to go from the campsite to the job could be a pain. Also, you would have to deal with no traditional bathing - which could cause problems with a job, unless you can figure out how to "fake it".

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...that's an experience I've never had and sure that it is one that I don't want to have.

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I know someone that did that, at least until late in the winter. He was in between jobs, and down on his luck. Of course a lot of it was due to his wild and carefree lifestyle.

I just finished reading a book based on a true story about a guy living in the woods of Maine for 27 years. He stole, what he needed, from the local community. He knew it was wrong. They caught him about 5 years ago. I remember hearing about when it happened. It was interesting reading about what he said he was thinking, and how he survived that long only meeting with one passer-by and just saying hello.

I couldn't do living in a tent. I enjoy camping, but that is only a temporary thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pharrmgirl likes this.
  4. Jason76

Jason76 Novice Camper

I think it would be an adventure and I think someone could survive. I mean, it's kind of like one of those Naked and Afraid shows. However, It has to be far more easier! Do you all think it would be easier?

Why would people possibly assume such a person was a thief?

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

In the past 2 decades, all of the camping trips that I had joined were in camping resorts which have facilities and safety is guaranteed. But in the olden times when I was younger, I had never tasted a camping trip in a paid campsite. We always camp in an open forest or in a mountain side. There was a time that we camped by the riverside for 2 nights. It was one of the most enjoyable camping trips that I experienced. And during those camping years, it was a big challenge because scouting in this part of the world was a serious matter that it is like your survival every time you go on camping.

6. Jason76

Jason76 Novice Camper

What exactly are the obstacles?

I wouldn't try that in my area cause there are too many private gun owners! But anyway, even the situation I mentioned is using paid campsites - usually the cheapest, often found on bnb sites.

Draft saved Draft deleted