1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Canadians

Discussion in 'Canada' started by campforums, Apr 25, 2016.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Given the much smaller population of Canada than the other areas with their own forum, the Canada one surprisingly holds its own in amount of activity. Is that because we have a lot of Canadians here or are we just more vocal? :p

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I think Canadians camp more than Americans do. Where I grew up in Michigan camping was a big thing, and the farther south I go it appears that it isn't as popular. I don't know if it is the lack of natural lakes, or state parks that are secluded or easily accessible. Or maybe because summers up there are conciderably shorter that people plan and make more of an event to get out while it's warmer. Around here there are alot of Rvs and rv parks. Some of the camp grounds I have been in cater mainly to Rvs. There are not alot of people around here that have canoes either. I get some funny looks when I have my canoe on top of the truck, or on the local waters. You mention tent camping at work and your coworkers think you went bonkers, but the ones I work with already know that I ain't right anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...but then again...they have never had the ultra pleasure of camping/canoeing with Northern Dancer. They probably haven't seen the mighty bear or the majestic moose or eaten sumptuously from his cuisine or chugged back his fresh brewed coffee. :)

happyflowerlady and killeroy154 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted