1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Catching beetles

Discussion in 'Food' started by Alexandoy, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

If you don’t care for beetles then don’t read this thread. In the province of my cousin, one delicacy is beetles. They catch it, wash it, then fry it. One time I went there for an overnight camping with the boys (mostly my colleagues in the office). The campsite is beside the river bank so it is expected that we enjoyed swimming in the clean, cold water of the river called Angat. Before the darkness blanketed the place, we saw some native children in the nearby prairie. They seemed to be looking for something. Beetles. They eat beetles. After dinner, we were drinking whiskey when we saw a torch coming our way. It was those kids. They have a plate of fried beetles for us. Oh, great. Those fried beetles looked as fingerfood for our drinks. But after tasting one, I quit because it did not suit my taste buds. And my companions? They liked it.

2. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

I think that I would probably just prefer to walk the other way, although if you are good with bugs then it may be enjoyable. I used to be a bit more adventurous with these things but not really so much anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted