1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Catching shrimps with socks

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by Alexandoy, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

This is a funny experience. We were camped near a river in the northen part of the country. It was an impromptu camping trip upon the invitatio of a friend who lives there. The river was good with clean water. In the shallow part where the gravel and stones are visible, one of us noticed the shrimps. They are small shrimps and our guide confirmed that those shrimps are edible. Oh, really? We used a canister to catch some just to sample. With about 10 pieces in the canister, it was placed on top of the fire. Instantly, the transparent shrimps changed color to that of cooked shrimps. Wow, it tasted even better than real shrimps. And what do you know, we had a grand time in catching the small shrimps using our socks.

2. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

This is the first time I hearing of this, but something tells me that it works well, and I am not sure why it tells me that. I do happen to love shrimp, which also makes me think I would be terrible at this, but I am intrigued.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

Well I do not have the slightest of clues how this one came about or how it may work, but I would be impressed with anyone who could do it. It would certainly make for some better meals than I have been used to.

Draft saved Draft deleted