1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Caveat on spring water

Discussion in 'Food' started by Alexandoy, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

The department of health had issued a warning on natural water sources in the mountain and forest that may be contaminated by bacteria and other harmful elements. Aside from malaria and dengue there is also the probability of the e-coli bacteria that can cause severe diarrhea. That means the traditional purifying of water with the use of stones and sand is not applicable anymore. Perhaps we here are already slaves to the bottled water.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...in this neck of the woods, we call it "Beaver Feaver". When I'm tripping I take the top end water purification unit for safe drinking water. Boiling water [in my situation] means a rolling boil for five minutes to be absolutely assured. There is a thread dedicated to water health on this forum.

upload_2018-10-6_9-28-44.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted