1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Cheap Camping Goods you can order online

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by campforums, Jun 14, 2013.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

2. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

I review the site's camping supplies and I think they got a great selection of items. The prices for thee camping supplies seem very reasonable as well. The site must be doing well and probably got requests to get a wider range of camping supplies added to their inventory.

3. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Be sure to work your way around the website, as they have lots of stuff to offer but it is a requires clicking lots of heading tabs to get to the main page. I had hoped to find tents, but it seems they have everything but tents. Their prices seem fair and the site is otherwise well set up. I will check it out some more. Thanks for sharing the link.
    I am a die-hard Campmor fan, but always open to a new site.

4. campforums

Also I wouldn't suggest this site for something like a tent. Although they are cheap, the quality is not always the best which is why I usually only trust them for cheaper types of things.

5. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I tend to be cautious of cheap sites though I like exploring the same. I find [like Sportsman] the products are cheaper BUT the processing and handling costs are higher than other sites. If they charge you a club fee of some kind - you can be sure that in the end you will not be saving much if anything at all.

6. campforums

Well the reason I posted that site is because there is no additional fees and the shipping is free. Honestly, I don't know how they even make money on some of the cheaper items but I guess that is China for you. I've ordered a bunch of stuff off there over the years and for certain things they are pretty good, just make sure you take a look at the reviews before ordering.

7. Northern Dancer

Actually the site looked pretty good. I was making a general statement as I have had some bad experiences in the past. :( That point needed to be clarified.

I noted some things that I don't have and I haven't seen them anywhere else...come next spring when I get itching to get outdoors I'll take a closer look.

How was the delivery in terms of waiting time? Do they take care of everything - taxes, handling charges and the like?

8. campforums

The waiting time can be quite long so I wouldn't order anything that you need in a hurry but if I remember correctly, they declare everything as gifts so when it comes through customs you never get any extra charges and shipping is included in the price.

9. Northern Dancer

Fantastic - I'll keep in mind when the spring comes around again - wow, what a mouth full; to think spring, when summer hasn't officially left us yet. But then again I only have two seasons - when the clocks change it is winter, when they change back it summer.

10. campforums

Yeah well up here where we live winter is really the only season which stands apart. I think the same way as you. There is the season where you need to bundle up before opening the door and the season where you can just walk outside in whatever you're wearing.

11. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

To be honest I do get tired of the heat. I hope winter gets here for me soon so I can enjoy cool weather.

12. Northern Dancer

I'm not quite ready for winter just yet. Our gorgeous fall is always breath taking and as I walk the trails crunching the fallen leaves on my path I marvel at the astounding array of colour.

2133u2r.jpg

BUT...until the summer sun comes back from holiday I muse myself by looking at catalogues and checking out the sites that Blue Mountain and other Babblers recommend. [And it doesn't have to be cheap either.]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  13. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Strange weather where you are then huh lol. Well the weather been iffy here where I live. It was cloudy for a bit then the sun came springing out.

14. Northern Dancer

Not strange at all - most of us find that the four seasons bring new opportunities to express our outdoor personalities. Ever made an igloo or a quinzee and actually slept in it? Toured a forested area using skies or snowshoes? There is nothing more soothing to the soul than drifting down a calm river overshadowed on each side with dazzling colour. Such an array of splendour puts the most experienced painter in awe.

Gnaw..
    .I like our four defined seasons and somehow when the snow gently falls on Christmas Eve, I become child like and feel a certain warmth inside.

2w3dibk.jpg

:bear: Camping out at the old Peacehaven Scout Camp [My Alaknak with vestibule attached.]

15. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

That is a nice looking tent out in the snow. Is that a bear emoticon I just noticed that when I read your post lol.

16. Northern Dancer

Yes...the bear and wolf are my totems. As you can see they are in my crest. I was never able to decide which of the two I wanted - so I chose both of them. :)

17. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Well I think they are both awesome and fit your profile. I forgot about the bear emoticon it is there in the options I just rarely use emoticons.

Draft saved Draft deleted