1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Chips or Crips?

Discussion in 'Food' started by Naiwen, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Naiwen

Naiwen Newbie

Hate or fancy or lurv? I do I do oh please!

2. Toxique

Toxique Newbie

I only like a certain kind of chips.

3. stiflex

stiflex Newbie

They are both the same, actually. I've tasted both "bacon flavor", and I see no major difference, maybe one or the other has a little less fat on it. But either way both of them are good! :)

4. R. Zimm

R. Zimm Newbie

Since I cannot eat foods with wheat (gluten) I tend to get other types of snacks. I particularly like nuts and trail mixes but I have to make sure they don't have pretzel pieces or some other kind of "bread" hidden in there.

5. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

Well I'm stupid - I honestly haven't a clue what crips are. I know chips can either refer to fries as in "fish and chips" or it can refer to potato chips as in Lays or such. So yeah.

6. floridawdw

floridawdw Newbie

I for sure would go for crisps. The majority of the time they are baked, not fried. They also come in a variety of whole wheat, organic and gluten-free flavors. There are also some types that taste like cookies. You are able to eat a lot of them and not feel guilty. They also are somewhat of an energy source because of the ingredients, and that is especially important if you are doing something outdoors.

7. TABL

TABL Explorer

Salt and vinegar chips are my favorite!!!

8. Norrwen

Norrwen Newbie

I prefer chips, especcialy barbeque, plain, and sour cream and onion.

9. GSBryce

GSBryce Newbie

I go for the baked option. They make a variety of chips in baked varities which help with the fat content. I LOVE salty snacks, it's my weakness, so I honestly try to stay away from them as much a possible. But now and then isn't bad.

10. Foster

Foster Newbie

Bacon Flavor? I want to try! I eat the low fat ones. Dad says I'm fat. I always say: Have you looked in the mirror recently?

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Newbie

I like chips, crisps and puffs. I'm a huge fan of junk food snacks. The only potato crisps that I find repulsive are the special edition holiday Pringles chips that came in weird flavors like Pumpkin Pie and White Chocolate Mint. Those were really bizarre and I can't imagine why anyone thought that making dessert flavored Pringles was a good idea.
    I tried the pumpkin pie ones out of curiosity and I wish I hadn't.

12. joker

joker Newbie

Me too, I love Salt and Vinegar chips.

13. Libragirl67

Libragirl67 Newbie

I know the baked chips are supposed to be healthier. But I love good old fashioned greasy potato chips. I like to buy apple cider vinegar and soak the chips. They are so good, but my tummy complains later...lol. I also like the flavored chips like barbeque and sour cream and onion. I know this sound different but I like plain chip with mustard on them. I was at the dollar store one time, and they had ketchup flavored chips. We tried them, but we did not like them.

Draft saved Draft deleted