1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Christmas Gift Suggestions for the Campers in your Life

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by campforums, Dec 16, 2014.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

With the holidays right around the corner, I thought it would be a good idea to open a discussion on what gifts people are getting for the campers in your life. Did you get a request for a certain gift? Or are you good at picking out gifts on your own?

For my brother who is a chef and loves the outdoors, I have gotten him a cook book for preparing camping food. It has an entire section on non-perishable snacks as a well as BBQ/campfire foods.

happyflowerlady likes this.
  2. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

Haha so basically you bought a present for yourself, he cooks, you eat.

Interested to see what other gift ideas there are

campforums likes this.
  3. campforums

Haha, something like that. I got him a T-shirt with a slogan/picture he likes on it as well.

4. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

I bought my sister a portable Power bank rated at 5200mAh to keep whatever she needs charged.

5. campforums

Nice, hopefully she isn't reading this :eek:

6. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Although, Christmas has come and gone I found the perfect camping gift for @MacGyver. Since he believes in fixing things up good and proper with strong repair and lasting effects I thought the best gifts would be duct tape to the rescue.

Lets repair is his hammock, and waterproofing his hiking shoes.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKrgX6Mm6Bdg882XvpledYTHLPxXL7DQIc1944Od571uwvZAaoNg.jpg

and of course canoe repair
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOcE4au4RTTcg8nWAUz9O9uyIwpG8PRIbyHW-i985x_6BQeygrpg.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTjpfdUzTb3D3LLKday8F-6bYQJGYu7n7PrxIIFwZiIoKMzLAN.jpg

7. campforums

I'm sure all of the repair items listed in his signature would make great gifts :p

8. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Explorer

I bought my camping buddy this thing where you can "save" energy and load up your smartphone when u r on the treck. I know... it is not like it would not have a purpose for me neiterh... ;)

9. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I went to SAIL and drooled for thirty minutes or so; then drove over to Tim Horton's and had a coffee.

10. campforums

Sounds similar to the power bank @BMWPOWER bought his sis'

Draft saved Draft deleted