1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

CHUCK ROAST FOR TWO GUYS...

Discussion in 'Food' started by Northern Dancer, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

upload_2015-12-10_21-17-48.jpeg Winter or Summer - it's mighty good!

CHUCK ROAST FOR TWO GUYS

5 potatoes, quartered
    1 onion, quartered
    1 Small bag baby carrots
    8 half ears of corn
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    ½ lb whole button mushrooms, halved
    Small 3 lb chuck roast
    1 package slow cooker beef flavored seasoning

Place ears of corn standing on end in the CanCooker. Add potatoes, onions, carrots, mushrooms and garlic. Sprinkle vegetables with All Purpose Seasoning. Place chuck roast on top of vegetables. Add slow cooker seasoning.

Latch the lid and place on medium / low heat. Cook 50 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.

Transfer to a serving tray and enjoy.

Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.

Awe....summer....I miss you so much. [Already]

killeroy154 and 2sweed like this.
  2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Your making me really really hungry. I guess a trip to the grocery store is next on my list. Yum!!

3. Northern Dancer

Thank you. It's fun cooking outdoors and trying new things. And if it should be disastrous - you throw it in the fire and start again. :)

:bear: Baden Bear says, "Northern Dancer has done that on more than one occasion."

4. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Yes thankyou very much. I mat try that next time when camping. Would this also work in cast iron dutch oven, or would it have to seal tightly?

5. Northern Dancer

killeroy154 - absolutely. The thing about a chuck roast it tends to need a bit more time to cook to perfection. When I use my dutch oven I use the see through lid to get a better idea of what is happening. I frequently use my dutch oven over an open flame rather that use the bricketts. Having the glass top enables me to keep a close watch on things like bread etc. :)

6. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Thank you. I am going to try that recipe next time I go.

Draft saved Draft deleted