1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

CON...FESSIONS

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Northern Dancer, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Well...it's like this.

Darren really liked Scout ["That's my kind of dog."] And I really liked Tripper - I thought that he was really the kind of dog that I could relate to.

What to do? Switch of course - as simple as that. So...Darren now has Scout and I have Tripper and we all seem to be happy.

Does anyone have a peculiar or funny experience like this?

Pictures coming soon.

2. missyify

missyify Survivalist

Well that's interesting lol. I've never heard of anyone doing that, but if everyone is happy, why not?

My dog is a complete mama's boy. I'm not the one that feeds him and my mom even had him for a year (he had a really bad skin condition in Hawaii we thought might be environmental). He might actually be more attached to me than my own kids.

My stepdaughter kept letting him off the leash when we were camping (she wasn't supposed to)... One time he found me on the way to the bathroom lol. Walked 2 inches from my foot all the way back.

If he busts out of the back yard, he goes and sits on the front door mat.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

3. Northern Dancer

Dogs are marvellous creatures and I've been lucky to have had some of the very best in my life time. Once they are trained they make fabulous companions.

4. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I hope the dogs were in agreement. Or maybe the dogs wanted to switch? Hmm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5. Northern Dancer

I hadn't thought about that possibility. :finger: Both dogs are excellent but I found training the husky just a bit much. Loving and close, getting him to follow basic commands was difficult and almost impossible. [Though I know it can be done in time.] Darren didn't care about that. But I did. When I'm on a trip the last thing I need is a dog to go chasing a deer into the forest and forget to come back. Tripper has little training but within two days he would follow the command sit and down. Not so with Scout - but it didn't bother Darren.

So now I have my Lab mix (with collie) and I'm feeling fine. Everyone seems to be happy and I'm looking forward to having my first base camp with Tripper (as in canoe). From there it will be the lakes and rivers. :)

6. Northern Dancer

IMG_1000.jpg A quick picture - better ones coming soon.

He got his first medal on Friday.
    His rabies shot, booster, Raccoon Fever needle and oh yes Revolution control for ear mites, ticks, heart worm, fleas, and round worm. The "Raccoon Fever" needle as I call it is only $20.00 and wards of a disease distributed primarily by raccoons and also found in water. Officially - Leptospirosis. Recommended for anyone taking their dog into the wilderness. :beaver:

killeroy154 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted