1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Cooking over the Campfire

Discussion in 'Food' started by Zyni, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Using the gallon size bags brought back some memories. We use them at our summer camp. I remember one year that I managed to break a bag when it was boiling in the pot. If I recall I was a greenhorn in the kitchen that year. The little baggies we use enable us to throw in a dash of pepper and salt, some cheese, chives and such to heighten the flavour.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ :)

...always nice to see you on line.

2. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl Newbie

Something my husband learned when in Boyscouts, is chicken packs. We actually do this in the wood once everything is hot and put out. Wrap chicken, potatoes, butter and seasonings in heavy duty foil. You could do veggies too. Wrap it good, and set it right there in the heat. Let it sit for about 20 min or so, depending on the thickness of your chicken, and it should be cooked, seasoned and so yummy!!

Draft saved Draft deleted