1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Cooking With Bamboo

Discussion in 'Food' started by gracer, Aug 22, 2016.

1. gracer

gracer Explorer

Hi guys! :)

I would just like to share an old style way of cooking food here in the Philippines without the need for pots or pans. You just need a bamboo branch to be able to cook food. The bigger branches are preferred for this way of cooking. This is a good way of cooking a meal if you ever camp in a bamboo rich area and you did not bring any kind of cooking utensils with you.

Here is a link with the instructions and pictures on how you could create a good meal using bamboo:

How to Cook a Meal Using Bamboo

killeroy154 likes this.
  2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

In my youger years, I had experienced cooking food in bamboo cylinders. Rice is also cooked the same way over an open fire. With the birds that we shot, we would cook it in sour broth and some edible leaves for garnishing. Last year, we went to a place called Subic where there is a restaurant that serves food cooked in reminiscent of my experience in the forest.

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Hello Alexandoy, we have another person on here from the Philippines I think that would be Gracer. Funny how you two would talk about cooking with bamboo. Must be a thing in your area. Welcome.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Novice Camper

I heard it before and I've seen some cooked using Bamboos when my hubby and I went to Ilocos. I was amazed by how they cooked using bamboos and palayok. I would want to try that one day although I think it's a bit hard since I am used to cooking using stove.

Draft saved Draft deleted