1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Dancer's Log [Episode 3] Supper time

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Northern Dancer, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

"What's for supper tonight Greg?" "This!" "What's this?" "One can of wild mushroom soup, two scalloped cut white potatoes, [leave the skin on], bread crumbs and 1/2 inch thick pork chops." "Are we planning to eat it raw?" "No...of course not." "You mix all the ingredients together, a tad of butter, sprinkle bread crumbs over top [or crumble cheese crackers] and place it in the oven." "Great!" "We don't have an oven Greg." "Oh...aw...we can make one?" "Who's we?" "You are in charge of supper tonight - remember?" "You can make it - let me know when supper is ready I'm going down to the lake with Reese."

2udxt06.jpg

"Man...you made an oven out of a cardboard box?" "Yep." "Where did you get the box?" "From my pack - I have one to keep it neat and tidy."

"Supper was great Greg!" "Thanks." "So...what are you doing for supper tomorrow?"

Footnote
    Cooks well in a Dutch oven OR if you have a cast iron fry pan with cover it works just as well too.
    You will know when everything is cooked when the potatoes are soft.
    Cooking time is about 40 minutes. :)

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    campforums likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted