1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Daredevil camping

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by scrapper, Oct 3, 2016.

1. scrapper

scrapper Novice Camper

For me, goin' in the wild without proper gear and heavily relying on bushcraft is pretty much a daredevil move. I want to ask what people class as wild camping as I have read several survival posts here, which are not necessarily related to camping
    but they do have some valid points though.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...I don't do "wild", that has to be a local term that makes sense to the people who use it. I "wilderness" camp which means that I'm away from the humdrum life of the city and engage streams, rivers, lakes and the natural habitat. It also means that I'm equipped for the same and have sufficient skills to manage my adventure.

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

For safety's sake I hope you at least have with you emergency items like flares, whistles, and a cell phone. Especially if you are going to be in remote areas.

4. Northern Dancer

...though cell phones are getting a lot better - they don't always work.

5. scrapper

scrapper Novice Camper

Also, don't forget to bring a tinderbox with some bit of charcoal to start fire, you can't hope to light a bonfire by just gathering twigs and branches.

6. Northern Dancer

...I carry fire lighters, usually more than one kind. It is definitely dangerous to play around with this item. I want one that works instantly, in all conditions and all temperatures.

In winter camping it is body heat that keeps you warm. Managing that will determine how much you will enjoy your outing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIynUmdiHr7X0UQxBI-WLFxnON5Se5UbsQ_oYipQK-lPJ64EpU.jpg

"Dress Like an Onion - in layers!"

Draft saved Draft deleted