1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

DIY Gear making Machine - good find?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mr.seangill, Feb 7, 2019.

1. mr.seangill

mr.seangill Novice Camper

Just picked up a Mini Brute Industrial Sewing Machine - supposedly only used once to make a gun holster. $150 - appears to be worth $400.

Thoughts? Anyone know anything about these?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Now that's a heavy duty sewing machine. It's got to be tough to sew sew leather. I think that was a great deal.

3. mr.seangill

I can just hear my grandfather saying "well proof's in the pudding".

Ha - anyhow this bad boy should come out and help me finish my jacket. Making an Anorak of sorts similar to Lester River Bushcraft style wool pull over.

4. mr.seangill

Here is a pic of the style I hope to make - blue and yellow as the colors. 3 Layer though. Outer shell wool Melton fabric (think civil war reproduction uniforms) argon wind break material as middle layer, and inner insulation from fleece[​IMG]

5. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Nice. That looks to be more coplicated than a quilt. Do you have a pattern?

6. mr.seangill

Yes an no. I have an Anorak pattern but it's not exactly like this. Also the anorak pattern doesn't have any sizing on it. It was just generic, much too big.

Draft saved Draft deleted