1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Do you eat more or less than usual when you're camping?

Discussion in 'Food' started by campforums, Oct 24, 2015.

?

Do you eat more or less than usual when you're camping?

1. I eat less

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. I eat more

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. I eat about the same amount

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Novice Camper

I think I still eat the same amount. Well I can't really remember much since the last time I went camping was when I was in secondary school so that was really a long time ago. I guess it will also depend if I feel hungry or I feel tired and would want something to eat.

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I don't think I ate as much as I normally do on that last trip. Wasn't realy hungry.?

3. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

Overall, I probably ate around the same amount; but the big difference was how much better the food tastes when you are camping out by a lake somewhere and cooking over the campfire. My folks always went camping, so I grew up enjoying those weekends spent out camping. The breakfasts that my mother cooked over the campfire first thing in the morning, are the breakfasts that I will always remember for the rest of my life !
    We were always starving when we woke up, and the smell of coffee boiling in the coffee pot, and then bacon and eggs sizzling in the frying pan, were just the most awesome smells in the world. Even pancakes were good out there ! ! I have never been a pancake eater, but I would eat 3-4 of them with lots of butter and pancake syrup along with my breakfast, and enjoyed every bite.
    When you are out in nature, and walking, swimming, or rowing the boat along, it is easy to wear off the calories that you ate, and have a great appetite for the next meal, and in the fresh air, the smell of cooking food is SO much more dynamic than it is when you are inside and cooking the same food.

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

When I am on a camping trip, my appetite is hyperactive. That's why food is not an issue with me during my scouting days. Even dried fish tastes so good to me especially when the campsite is a wilderness.

When I don't have the appetite now, what I do is to imagine my camping days in the forest and mountain. For sure my taste buds will be alive and I could finish my meal.

5. ptahm22

ptahm22 Novice Camper

When camping you're involved in some vigorous activities and it gets better when you start seeing and learning things you had not seen before. Even the fact that you're outdoors enjoying nature is thrilling and satisfying. I tend to eat less during this time.

Draft saved Draft deleted