1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Do you own a boat?

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by TABL, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Jason

Jason Newbie

No. In our country only people who called fisherman own a boat not all people have a boat here. And many don't do fishing :D

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

That's interesting. Do you mind me asking what country you're from?

3. Jason

Jason Newbie

I am from Tamil Nadu, India. Only few people in Kerala (state in our country) have boats on their own.

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

That's surprising for me considering it is along the coast but good to know, thanks for sharing.

5. TABL

TABL Explorer

Just to update, we got a boat! It's a used one, just fits our family of 6... but we have 2 tubes and the kids love to go tubing! Hubby is so happy, as he really loves boating!

6. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

One other thing to consider is whether or not you can board it - depending on size and area - or if you can just have it up by the garage. If you don't know how that will work out you probably aren't ready for the responsibility of a boat I think.

7. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I don't own a boat - I don't like the noise or the gas slick on the water.

BUT...I do own a kevlar ultra light 16 foot [4.88 meter] prospector canoe that lets me glide with grace through the open water; quiet, majestic and oh so peaceful.

8. whnuien

whnuien Newbie

I really love being on a boat and I just don't care about staying under the sun at all but I don't have my own boat. I do really hope that one day I can afford to get one for my own so I don't have to keep calling my friend who owns a boat to see if they are going on a boat or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted