1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

DOG FOOD YUM-E?

Discussion in 'Food' started by Northern Dancer, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

DOG FOOD
    Why not?
    We eat a lot of junk...why not dog food?

campfire-dogfood.jpg
    Beef Stew, Camp Meals Vs. Dog Food: Surprising Results

After miles of hiking, collecting firewood, and jumping in the lake you can work up quite an appetite. The market of pre-packaged camping meals has grown, and over the years we’ve tried our fair share.

We decided it was time to put some to the test.

But how to make it more interesting? Since the best camping meal would taste like something you’d make at home, we added a can of beef stew from the grocery store. And since the worst you could eat would be something you’d only give your dog, we also included dog food (albeit a premium dog food choice). Really.

How’d dog food stack up? See the video, but let’s just say it fared much better than anyone in our office expected.

Read more on
    GEAR JUNKIE [online]
    A free monthly mag that comes directly to your email.
    Interesting stuff and something for just about every kind of outdoor person. :)
    :bear: Baden Bear here - "I can see Northern Dancer trying this - believe me - he has done a lot of crazy camping stuff."

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I'm not sure but is what's in the picture the premium dog food you speak of? Because if so it looks pretty darn tasty actually.

Does your dog eat that well when he is tripping with you? :panda:

3. Northern Dancer

@campforums - actually he eats President's Choice. What's good for me is good for my dog...err...ah...figuratively speaking. Woof!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMgW44SnmpRbwtK6FTf0i4i5gTcME4BhjWIKkJIi6AHu6nlvAY.png images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7W4dX4CWrQ6uikDef8VfHfN_4AhC-S5laL2aOkeQ3hsdyzyYQ.jpg This is pretty good stuff.

upload_2016-12-11_18-39-27.jpeg Dunno - there are some poor people who don't eat this well.

4. Northern Dancer

dog_chunky_stew_tky_dinner_wet_teaser.png
    Big dogs with big appetites love big chunks of meat, and that’s exactly what they’ll get with BLUE Chunky Stew Turkey Dinner. Each tasty bite of real turkey is smothered in mouth-watering gravy for a bold, hearty flavor that’s sure to please even the largest canine companions.

Created to satisfy a giant-size hunger, BLUE Chunky Stew is made with only the highest quality, natural ingredients so you can feed your biggest boy like family.

5. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I hope for your sake if you did try it for a meal that the label is honest and the can does not contain sweepings off the floor. After all the problems discovered with other nationally known brands, I am not sure I would eat dog food unless I was starving. But hay look it's got my picture on the cover. :thumbsup::cool:

6. Northern Dancer

...the reality is there is such an abundance and variety of food we really don't have to steal or hoard canine rations. Though I use to have a nutty buddy years ago that ate dog biscuits on a regular basis. I'm sure he is a howling success somewhere out there. :)

Really nice to see you online - miss your wit and wisdom.

7. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Thanks I have missed being here. Between working and surgery, a two week recovery of doing nothing at all but avoiding glare of snow and computer, it is great being back on line. Let wit & wisdom begin. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted